Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Tarpey Gallery Exhibition

Here's a few teasers for my show at the Tarpey in Castle Donington, Derbyshire - would love you to come to the opening night, April 11th, 6pm - 8pm!

Its a great space, I'm really excited about it. I haven't had a solo exhibition for a few years - there will be about 18 in this one and it's always great to see your work hung together en masse. It allows you to to step back from it and evaluate.


 Soft Light, Hope - acrylic on canvas 120 x 50cm


Wave Watching - acrylic on canvas 120 x 50cm

Its also a great opportunity to go slightly larger - I loved painting these two! The sea begs for large format, but not many people have the space for this kind of size. Really I'd like to paint huge walls of it...

To coincide with the exhibition, the lovely Amanda at Artsbeat Magazine has written a little piece on me and my work. Here's a quote from it, which just touched me - she nailed it:

'She might be in the room chatting nineteen to the dozen but her soul is somewhere else on the dunes, a cliff side or the beach watching the light reflecting on the water, listening to the crashing of the waves.'

On another note, completely off topic  - I'm in a band called Red Ruff and we just made a little video for a song I wrote, called Magpie! Have a watch with a cuppa ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment