Thursday, 8 November 2012

An Artist of the Year winner!

Artists & Illustrators Magazine turned up today, and once I'd prised it out of our ridiculous key-less postbox I found my painting in there under 'Highly commended'!


So I am very happy. Over four thousand people entered and each entry I saw was of excellent quality... so how exciting! Just waiting to hear now whether this painting will be required for the Artist of the Year showcase exhibition by the Osborne Gallery in London early next year.

Been *trying* to paint this week. Never a good thing. Sometimes it just doesn't flow, which is slightly frustrating when I have four galleries I am due to be taking new work to over the next couple of weeks. Eek! It'll work out I'm sure...

Far from being full of time to paint, tomorrow and the weekend are packed with family and friends visiting and a Red Ruff gig. For which we are still learning songs. Well, no one has ever accused me of being a planner.








No comments:

Post a Comment