Monday, 7 November 2011

Met with Geoff Robson who organises the exhibitions at the Cathedral centre in Derby today. We had coffee and croissants at Jack Rabbits - am hooked, its ace! They've got it right, especially with the large metal coffee cups that keep your extremely yummy coffee hot.
Hopefully the exhibition should be on next year in June, just before the Olympics craziness starts. I want to do a collection of local oils, based on places I love around this way, Amber Valley. Already got a few of the woods near here, Shining Cliff, and I can't stop painting Crich stand from all angles. Perhaps good to stop painting the sea for a bit and cast my mind elsewhere.

Keep spying the garden - the autumn colours are so beautiful, but there's a deal of work I need to get done... fortunately we developed lodgers last month, one of whom is Mike Johnston, guitarist and gardener extraordinaire... can't recommend him enough!

Still thinking about teaching art groups... got to get myself organised and do something about it. Been quite busy with my band recently, Red Ruff! Recorded songs the other day, here's the myspace link. Much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment