Tuesday, 7 June 2011

New Gallery!

Really excited today - I've had a chat with Sue at the Brownston Gallery in Modbury, South Devon, and my work will be showing in their summer exhibition from mid July. 


I've wanted to have work homed in Devon for years! So now I've got four landscapes lined up to courier down in a few weeks time. Heading down that way with my eldest in a couple of weeks, to go to the Home Festival in Dartington. Amongst other varied world music (its run by the Womad organisers) Suzanne Vega is playing - really looking forward to it! 


Also excellent news: public art gallery Catmose College, based in Rutland, contacted me to ask for work for their summer exhibition. http://www.catmosecollege.com/?gallery=gallery_exhibitions&left=gallery

Here's the blurb for it: 


"Catmose Gallery's holiday exhibition will comprise of several stunning seascape paintings created around the UK coastline, shown besides beautiful hand-made glass and unusual high quality ceramics inspired by the sea. The painters have been drawn from across the country for their expressive and traditional approach to capturing the diverse ambience of the coast, whilst the designer-makers have been selected for their modern reflections on the ocean 
within their practice. This is a great opportunity to purchase unique artwork."


Can't express how satisfying it is to be marked out for my work on painting the sea...


I actually have a large seascape commission I'm about to start - a 5ft square, along the lines of 'Still Looking':






Can't wait to see it in situ when its done!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness - I love this painting. So powerful and beautiful with strong elements! Alison

    ReplyDelete