Monday, 23 May 2011

Musical transportation

Though it wasn't a mixtape today; it was the sound of the storm in the trees. Crashing white noise, rushing through in waves, took me to a coast about 500 miles away north west; always a good thing!

This is a work in progress; I like more lines, shape and more softness around the focal point to create rythym and balance. This is simply a rush of feeling, plastered on with rags and wide brushes, and fingers still blue...


Going to leave it smouldering for a few days to dry and go back with clean rags and stronger shape in mind. Liking it so far though!
Music wise - Bon Ivers been keeping me company :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jenny. I keep meaning to comment on your work. It's very captivating and beautiful. I noticed you like to listen to music while you paint. If you would like I could recommend some good painting music : )

    Here is one band I've loved for a long time...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PE50PZG5aw

    Warm Regards,
    Arran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arran,
    For some reason I've only just seen this comment! Thank you so much - and recommend all you like, thats ace!
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete