Monday, 15 June 2009

Well, it’s been a fabulous last few weeks!

Busy with change, good friends, beautiful places, painting and great news on the art. I got a call from Scotlandart.com, based in Edinburgh and Glasgow, having spent a few days submitting work to galleries all over the UK. Spoke to the lovely owner, John, who has asked me to send six pieces for the gallery and eight more over the summer for a landscape exhibition. I also had several positive responses from other galleries, so feeling like I need to lock myself in the studio...

I've recently started having things framed, and am really pleased with the result. Anna at the Little Gallery in Belper has done a great job...



I also discovered that ‘Treasure Hunting’ sold from Tregoning Gallery in April – news I’ve been looking forward to for a while! Should afford my new framing costs!

We spent the half term week in Alderney with Heather Duncan and family – a truly wonderful holiday. It is always great to return ‘home’… but to be there with such like-minded close friends was just fabulous. A tiny conglomeration of spectacular cliff and coast, eight miles from France, it is the place that inspires a large amount of my work.

Hoping to head to France over the summer holidays to visit our friends, Tony and Becky; currently In mid tour of Europe for six months in their campervan. I spent many holidays there when I was growing up and am looking forward to potentially heading down the Southwest coast. Heather’s family has a holiday house near Carcassonne (beautiful medieval walled town) that we might try and visit. All good inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment